What is TDS ?
TDS or ‘Tax Deducted at Source’ is an income tax that is collected at the time of making certain payments like rent, salary, commission, interest, professional fees, etc. The person paying the amount should deduct TDS at specific rate from such a payment.
TDS Filing Deadlines
The Tax Deducted at Source must be deposited to the government by the 7th of the subsequent month, with a few exceptions.Tax Deducted at Source has to be deposited using Challan ITNS-281 on the government portal.
The deductor reports the tax deduction and its deposit made through TDS return in quarterly intervals,i.e.,four times in a year.
TDS returns are filed by employers or organizations that have a valid Tax Collection and Deduction Account Number (TAN) and return is to be filed on the following month of the quarter end. That is return of April-June Quarter to be filed in July.
Responsibilities of TDS Deductor
Deductor of TDS has to have the following responsibilities –
- Has to have Tax Deduction Account Number(TAN) which authorizing to act on deducting TDS and making responsible for deposit tax to Govt Treasury.
- Deduction of TDS at the applicable rate(depends on the nature of payment).
- Deposit of TDS to Govt Treasury within the specific due date(7th of the following month for payment of rent,salary,commission,interest, professionlfees,etc, and within 30 days from the end of the month in which TDS was deducted for payment of immovable property,etc.).
- Submission of TDS return(24Q for salaries, 26Q for other than salaries, 27Q for interest,dividend etc. to non-resident) within last date of the following month of the quarter ending month except for the last quarter,within 31 May.
- Issuance of TDS certificate to the payee (Form-16 for salaries by May, Form-16A for any non-salary expenses, Form-16B for property sale and Form-16C for rent payment within 15 days from last day to file returns ).
What our customer say
CEO – Bengal Trading
“TRUSTLINK is very trustworthy organization and it works very fast at a reasonable service charge. I got all the licenses for my startup company, Bengal Trading with the help of TRUSTLINK”
Director – Lokopali Healthcare Private Limited
“We found them very much Responsible and Co-operative”
Dr Mukhtar Ahmed
Founder of CHARON DISHA
“Customer Service, Relation, Behavior & Nominal Fee, I am Really Happy”
Abul Kashem Sahani
Chief Functionary – Sundarban Multiple Disability and Poor People Foundation
” Never visited their office, but a strong relationship developed over years. My NGO is created and maintained by TRUSTLINK”
Co-Founder – Adorable Vacation LLP
“Best experience !!! Team TRUSTLINK helped us in our LLP incorporation. Hassle free service with top quality supervision. Highly recommended”
Prabir Kumar Bose
Founder Director – Vaibhavi Shaambhavi Foundation
“Great experience working with them. They’re truly amazing service given unit…… I love there works..❤️”
CEO – Mhelp Technologies
“TRUSTLINK is providing very good service with affordable price. Very trustworthy organisation to deal with”
Imtiaz Ahmed Molla
MD – Whelm International Pvt Ltd
“TRUSTLINK has an excellent team and the service delivery performance is outstanding”